ALPS Beirut

Home » Answers to Common Questions

Answers to Common Questions

Can I get a student visa at ALPS? What visa do I need to travel in Lebanon?

Only universities can issue a student visa, you do have these visa options.

Does ALPS provide or help me find housing? Where can I look to find a furnished apartment for rent in Beirut?

Check out these places first.

Should I study Modern Standard Arabic or the Spoken Lebanese dialect?

That depends on why you are learning Arabic.

How do I get to ALPS? What is the best way to get to Hamra?

Here’s how.

How do I take a taxi or bus in Beirut?

Take a look at the Beirut bus map and learn about the difference between a taxi and a service.

When does your term start?

ALPS Beirut classes and one on one private tutoring begin the first Monday of each month and continue to the end of the month. If you want to join us after the term has begun contact us and we will do our best to find a class or tutoring option that fits your needs.